Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology have taken the world by storm and are considered to be one of the most significant tech innovations in recent years. Investors from all across the globe, regulatory authorities and enterprise are all interested in knowing more about the technology and the cryptocurrencies based on it, as well as finding ways to use them for the overall growth of the economy. And, this is possible through regular interactions, discussions, seminars and presentations of various types of cryptocurrencies, their applications, mode of investing and the use of blockchain in alternative businesses. We’ve compiled a handy list of some important crypto related events across the globe in 2018.
Some Prominent Events Related to Blockchain and Cryptos
A large number of events have been planned to educate and involve people in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space. The agenda of these events is to explore opportunities and discuss the various applications of the technology across different industries, the threats faced by it and the ways to resolve them.
- Blockchain Summit Crypto Valley in Zurich, Switzerland (April 26, 2018): The summit will focus on the intersection of enterprise and start up approaches to building new things with distributed ledger technology, an integral part of blockchain.
- Bitcoin and Blockchain Convention in Hamburg, Germany (May-June 2018): This convention, named Unchain, is expected to feature over 20 notable blockchain, cryptocurrency and Bitcoin experts and entrepreneurs from across the world. The aim is to provide more information on the technology, its development, business opportunities, real applications, investments, impact on legislation, politics and the overall society.
- Blockchain Conference and Awards 2018 in Dubai (May): The salient features of the conference include large group presentations, small group lectures, discussions and interactions with various specialists. The conference offers unique networking opportunities to connect with industry leaders and innovators looking to explore distributed ledger technology.
- World Satoshi Summit in New Delhi (May 12-13, 2018): South-East Asia’s biggest conference on blockchain aims to bring experts from different fields under one banner to discuss the benefits and scope of cryptos and blockchain technology. Key speakers include the CEOs of top crypto companies and exchanges, lawyers and technical heads of several companies. The purpose of the summit is to discuss various aspects of cryptocurrencies.
- Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference Australia (May 29, 2018): This large-scale conference is dedicated to blockchain technology and the cryptocurrency market. There will also be an exhibition of software, crypto systems and blockchain developments across the globe.
- 2nd Blockchain for Finance Conference, APAC, in Singapore (June 20-21, 2018): The conference will provide an insight into the latest finance use cases to allow DLT or blockchain projects to advance from proof of concept to full scale production.
- World Blockchain Forum: Investments and ICOs in London, UK, (September 3-5, 2018): The conference will include thought provoking speeches about blockchain and ICOs from the biggest industry players.
- The Futuretech Expo in Dallas (September 14-16, 2018): A diverse and potentially enriching experience for all those who wish to know more about blockchain, its applications and the risks involved. With more than 5,000 people expected to attend, the Expo, with its 70 speakers and over 100 exhibitors from the blockchain, artificial intelligence, cyber security, quantum computing, 3D printing and virtual worlds, is a not-to-be-missed event for crypto enthusiasts.
- Malta Blockchain Summit (November 2018): The summit is expected to bring experts from a variety of industries, who will discuss about blockchain technology’s potential application in Health, Entertainment, Government, Banking, Payments, Fintech and many other areas. Over 4,000 delegates, 100 speakers and 150 sponsors and exhibitions are expected at this important summit.
- Blockchain for Sustainable Development in Geneva, Switzerland (October 24, 2018): This is the first United Nations event on blockchain and cryptocurrencies, with participants expected to include trade and investment policy makers.
This list of cryptocurrency and blockchain related events is not comprehensive, since many more events are being constantly planned and held across various nations in the world.
If you liked this educational article please consult our Risk Disclosure Notice before starting to trade. Trading leveraged products involves a high level of risk. You may lose more than your invested capital.